Are Desi remedies for curing a cold/fever effective? Simply put, nothing really can cure a cold, but there are things you can do to help you feel better and have a faster recovery. Hence, here is a list of Desi Nuskhe For Cold and Fever that help you make a speedy recovery.
Desi Nuskhe for Cold and Fever that work
Caught a cold? You can expect to be down for a bit, but here are Desi Nuskhe for cold and fever to assist you in feeling better.
Milk and Turmeric (Haldi) / (Golden Milk)
Milk and Turmeric is an ancient remedy popular in India and Pakistan. Below are steps of how to make this drink.
Recipe: How to make Turmeric Milk
- Heat milk to a boiling point.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon of Turmeric power.
- Add a drop of Raw Honey.
Black seeds (Kalonji) mixed with Honey and Lemond
Black seeds (Kalonji) has many healing properties. Moreover, black seed has been shown to combat inflammation and relax muscles.
Recipe: Kalonji Honey drink
- Take about 5-10 seeds of kalonji and crush them to make a soft power.
- Then add them into an 8 ounce glass of water.
- Mix with a teaspoon of honey and squeeze a fresh lemon on top.
Gargle with Salt and Lemon Water
This is traditional method helps instantly with a sore throat. Further, a study regarding nonmedical flu prevention found that doing salt water gargles was highly effective to treat cold/fever.
How to gargle with salt water, honey and lemon
- Take an 8 ounce cup of warm water
- Add half a teaspoon of salt
- Add half a teaspoon of honey
- Squeeze a few lemon drops
- Gargle the water in the back of your throat.
- Then swish around your month and spit the water out.
Ginger, turmeric tea (Masala Chai)
Chai has soothing effects that can calm down and soften the symptoms of a cold. Plus, the benefits of masala chai are well documented,
Recipe: How to make Masala Chai
- Take 1 cup of water and pour it into a saucepan and set it to boil.
- After 2-3 minutes, add 1 teaspoon of Ginger (Freshly chopped or pounded)
- Then add 1 cup of milk.
- Bring it to a boil.
- Add 1 teaspoon of raw honey (You can add more if you like).
- Once the honey dissolves boil the milk for 1 minute.
- Add 2 teaspoons of black tea.
- Add 1 tablespoon of Haldi (Turmeric).
- Use a tea strainer to filter and pour into a cup.
I hope this natural home remedies and Nuskhe help you feel better during a cold or fever.
Please feel free to comment about what Desi Nuskhe you liked the best 🙂